Health and safety law requires that employers appoint one or more persons to assist them with their statutory health and safety duties.
Having a full-time health and safety adviser is often too big an overhead for many smaller organisations.
For a small monthly fee ‘Centurion Alba Consulting Ltd’ will act as your retained competent health and safety practitioner ensuring that you remain compliant with the law.
Our Competent Person Service packages allows you to keep your overheads down by not employing full-time staff members dedicated to managing health and safety issues, but have that reassurance of being able to ask for all the professional help and support that you require.
The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
“Every employer shall, subject to paragraphs (6) and (7), appoint one or more competent persons to assist him in undertaking the measures he needs to take to comply with the requirements and prohibitions imposed upon him by or under the relevant statutory provisions and by Part II of the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997”
Your nominated advisor
Your nominated competent health and safety advisory will be a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH), a Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (MIIRSM) and registered on the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
Competent Person Service Inclusions
- A certificate of engagement of our consultancy as your competent person for health and safety matters. The certificate will be valid for one year from the date of commencement of the service.
- A CV of your nominated adviser, holding Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner (CMIOSH) status and membership of the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR). Our practitioner’s CV may be presented when submitting bids for work, indicating that they are your companies retained competent person.
- Office hours telephone support for routine health and safety queries. (reasonable use policy applies)
- Email support service for routine health and safety queries and provision of bespoke advice and guidance. (reasonable use policy applies)
- Advice and updates concerning health and safety legislation and statutory guidance changes.
- Regular newsletters concerning health and safety matters, relevant to your sector or industry.
- 30% Discount on our standard consultancy fee where additional or out-of-scope support is required. Our standard fee is £65.00 (+VAT) per hour.
Our regular Competent Person Service fee does not include
- Provision of health and safety management system documentation such as bespoke polices and procedures.
- Completion of risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) on your behalf.
- Complex queries that will require significant resource or time committments.
- Site visits, audits or safety inspections.
Where you require any of the services above, our discounted hourly consultancy fee applies, or you may ask us for a bespoke fixed price quotation.
Only £375 (ex VAT) per year.*
*Fee concerns SME sector businesses. This fee and the provision of the service is subject to acceptance. Centurion Alba Consulting Ltd reserves the right to refuse service, or to modify this fee, prior to acceptance, where we feel that you may require more support than this service provision covers or where you are working in a elevated risk environment.